Hello friends 🙂
Sorry I have been so quiet, I guess I don’t feel the pressure of having a big audience, so whenever I come across a writing blankness (is that a word?), I just stop myself from forcing the production of meaningless articles just for the the sake of keeping posts going.
Not sure whether that’s the best thing to do, in fact, most bloggers point out the need to be regular, and I actually agree. But since this is a hobbie I do to follow a passion and enjoy, rather than to feel under pressure, I am just going by the flow for now… (Yes, the book Affluenza really made me question the reasons behind my actions, and prevented me from following projects for the “wrong” reasons)
Since the original and central idea behind this blog was yoga and I had a lot to say about it at the time, I created many posts on the matter during the first year and a half, but somehow I got stuck once I let all my ideas out (as explained in a previous post Reasons behind the silence).
Now I feel there are other things I would like to explore and talk about, but that might not go in line with the header title of this blog BeLikeYoga, so that clash in focus also blocked me a bit… Should I change the title? Should I not? Should I start from scratch? Should I simply reshape the current blog and let it evolve? (I don’t have an answer for this question yet by the way!)
Beyond my big love for yoga, there is a bigger love for writing, expressing feelings and exploring anything to do with our wellbeing, both mental and physical. Research on happiness, health and life satisfaction is something I read about, think about, and aim to apply to my own life… If doing that comes easy and natural to me, I guess that is the path I should follow, right? Or so they say!
There are a number of drafts gathering dust in here, and a number of books I would like to discuss and talk about. Also, since my review for the book They F*** You Up is the most visited post in the history of this humble blog at present, I think doing more book reviews might not be such as bad/boring idea after all.
Health, nutrition, human relationships, psychology… these are some of my favourite subjects and below, a list of books I would like to eventually talk about in here:
- Aprendre a aprimar-se (Catalan Edition) by Pilar Senpau
- Bliss More: How to Succeed in Meditation Without Really Trying by Light Watkins
- Getting Past OK by Richard Brodie
- How to Develop Emotional Health (The School of Life Book 10) by Oliver James
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Mating in Captivity: Unlocking Erotic Intelligence by Esther Perel
- Mi mente sin mí: Lo único que falta en tu vida eres tú (Spanish Edition) by Jenny Moix
- Running on Empty: Overcome Your Childhood Emotional Neglect by Jonice Webb
- The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- The Dance of Anger: A Woman’s Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships by Harriet Lerner
- The Dance of Fear: Rising Above Anxiety, Fear, and Shame to Be Your Best and Bravest Self by Harriet Lerner
- The Happiness Advantage: The Seven Principles of Positive Psychology that Fuel Success and Performance at Work by Shawn Achor
- The Kindness Method: Changing Habits for Good by Shahroo Izadi
- The Sex Myth: The Gap Between Our Fantasies and Reality by Rachel Hills
- The Surrendered Wife: A Practical Guide to Finding Intimacy, Passion and Peace with a Man by Laura Doyle
And here a few other books I’d like to read in full and potentially review too, the sample read so interesting already, that I’m pretty sure I will love them too!
- Give and Take: A Revolutionary Approach to Success by Adam Grant
- Gratitude: A Way of Life by Louise Hay
- La dieta de la longevidad: Comer bien para vivir sano hasta los 110 años (Spanish Edition) by Valter Longo
- What to Eat and How to Eat it: 99 super ingredients for a healthy life by Renée Elliott
- Lean In: Women, Work, and the Will to Lead by Sheryl Sandberg
Anyhow, I also just wanted to say Hi 🙂
One thought on “Re-shaping BeLikeYoga”